Do you have experience working in a kitchen? Are you looking for a new and exciting job in catering? This could be the PERFECT job for you!
We are currently looking for a passionate Kitchen Assistant to join our school in Broadstairs!
About Wellesley Haddon Dene
Based in Broadstairs on the stunning Kent coast, Wellesley Haddon Dene has an outstanding reputation as a successful independent ‘family run’ co-ed boarding and day prep school. Wellesley Haddon Dene gives children the best start in life and prepares them for the world beyond in many different ways. With small class sizes, pupils are genuinely able to fulfil their potential. Within our first year of opening, we are proud to have been a finalist in the Independent School of the Year Pre-Prep category.
We aim to encourage intellectual curiosity and productive learning habits in both our students and staff. Whether you are fully trained or seeking further qualifications, we have plenty of opportunities for you to broaden your skill set and reach your career goals.
About the Position
You will be responsible for:
- Food preparation and serving.
- Ordering, storage and rotation of ingredients.
- Cleaning, tidying and high standards of hygiene.
- Implementation of food safety management system.
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the designated safeguarding team.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience working with or caring for children of Early Years.
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen, especially care homes, nurseries and schools is an advantage.
- Good interpersonal & team working skills and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Strong communication skills and sense of awareness.
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
If this sounds like the job for you, APPLY TODAY!
How to Apply
Wellesley Haddon Dene is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.